In-Office Safety Policies In Response to COVID - 19
from Doctor Bruce Robinson:
Dear Valued Patients,
Dr. Robinson & our staff members continue to work diligently to ensure the health and safety of our patients who depend on us for care. As a healthcare provider in NYC we still require wearing masks regardless of vaccination status.
To schedule an appointment you can call our office @ 1.212.750.7121 or email us @ email@example.com. In order to limit the time patients spend in our waiting room we ask our NEW patients to visit our website prior to your appointment @ https://www.brucerobinsonmd.com/, go to the "Patient Portal" pull down menu and click on "New Patient Form", print and fill it out prior to your visit. Please let the receptionist know that you have brought the completed forms to your visit so that we can get you in quickly.
For our patients over the age of 65, and/or are immunocompromised and/or logistically are unable to travel to our office for an appointment, we will continue to offer the following:
Confidential virtual appointments (tele-dermatology) during normal business hours, Monday - Friday. Your insurance will most likely cover this, minus your co-pay, or the cost will be $295 for a virtual visit.
We are also offering JAS - Just Amazing Skincare products online, visit our website/online store. FREE shipping and FREE samples with every online purchase.
Dr. Robinson and his staff continue to take measures to keep the building/office a safe environment for our employees as well as our patients. Your health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. When entering the building, masks are now optional, but recommended. Although, in our office patients and visitors will still be required to cover their nose and mouth by wearing a face mask/face covering @ ALL times. Upon arrival to our office patients/visitors will be screened and we are doing our best to put patients into an exam room as quickly as possible to provide proper social distancing. ONLY the patient will be allowed into the office unless they are a minor (under the age of 18). In this case, one parent will need to accompany the minor. We encourage companions to join us virtually.
Please notify our staff prior to your appointment if you answer YES to any of the following questions:
1. Have you or someone you have been in contact with had any COVID - 19 symptoms in the past 10 days?
- Respiratory Symptoms: new cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, runny nose or congestion
- fever and/or chills
- new muscle and/or body aches
- new sore throat
- new headaches
- new loss of taste or smell
- new vomiting and/or diarrhea
2. Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
3. Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
4. Have you or anyone in your household traveled outside the United States in the past 14 days?
5. To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 48 hours?
For our safety and the safety of others we ask, If you answered YES to any of the above questions please call our office @ 1.212.750.7121 and speak to our staff regarding your appointment. If you are having a specific dermatological concern please reach out to our staff for guidance, we will do our best to help you address your concerns via a tele-dermatology visit. Always follow state and local recommendations or requirements related to travel.
Thank you for your continued trust as we return to what we love to do, caring for our patients.
In Good Health,
Dr. Bruce Robinson
Aracely, Julia, Monicia and Ann